Career And College Prep
Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
Grow Your Career Options
Agriculture and food science have moved a long way from the old family farm. From vertical hydroponics to urban agriculture, you’d be surprised at the diverse opportunities available in this industry. Discover your options today!
Which pathways are offered?
Agribusiness Systems —This pathway prepares students to coordinate activities that contribute to producing, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and developing agricultural commodities and resources. This includes food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products and services.
Natural Resources/Environmental Service Systems —This pathway prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber, and natural resources systems.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Environmental science and protection technician
- Heavy vehicle and mobile equipment service technician
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?***
- Arkansas Boaters’ Education Certificate
- Arkansas Hunters’ Education Certificate
- ICEV Ducks Unlimited Ecology Conservation and Management Certification
- ICEV Southwest Professional Communications Certification
- ICEV Texas Tech Personal Financial Literacy Certifications
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10
***Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.