Trade and Industry: Visual Arts
Which pathways are offered?
- Advertising and Graphic Design— This pathway prepares students to produce digitally generated or computer-enhanced media used in advertising, entertainment, communications, and marketing.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Art Director
- Digital Media Specialist
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Web Designer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Art Director—$94,220/year
- Graphic Designer—$52,110/year
- Multimedia Artist and Animator—$75,270
*Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications
- Microsoft Office Specialist