Trade and Industry: Visual Arts
Which pathways are offered?
- Advertising and Graphic Design— This pathway prepares students to produce digitally generated or computer-enhanced media used in advertising, entertainment, communications, and marketing.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Digital Media Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Graphic Designer—$50,370
- Art Director—$92,780/year
- Multimedia Artist and Animator—$70,520
*Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications