Which pathways are offered?
- Computer Science: Networking/Hardware—This pathway prepares students to design,develop, and maintain reliable and secure services, devices, and applications in various networked environments .
- Computer Science: Mobile Applications— This pathway is designed for students to explore, apply, and advance toward mastery of mobile applications through troubleshooting, administration, and efficiency.
- Computer Science: Website Development— This pathway prepares students to create webpages using HTML, XHTML, and CSS as well as to use creative software such as Adobe Photoshop for editing graphics and Flash for creating animations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Network Administrator
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Support Specialist
- Systems Software Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$146,360/year
- Computer Programmer—$86,550/year
- Network Administrator—$83,510/year
- Software Developer—$105,590/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Computer Networking Fundamentals Exam
- Swift IOS