Business and Marketing Technology
Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting—This pathway prepares students with the knowledge, understanding, and skills associated with departmental and corporate accounting systems with an emphasis on computerized software and automated systems.
- Marketing Management—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- Marketing Research-Eship-Digital Marketing— This pathway is project-based and students create an electronic portfolio while learning the photo and video editing skills needed to create promotional and informational business communications and marketing campaigns.
- Medical Office Administration— This pathway is designed to teach students the concepts and skills for managing a medical office so they can prepare for careers in office management, billing and collections, patient service, and health information management.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Accountant Executive
- Administrative Support Representative
- Art/Graphics Director
- Bill and Account Collector
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Financial Analyst
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Office Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Bill and Account Collector—$37,000/year
- Customer Service Representative—$34,710/year
- Promotions Manager—$135,900/year
- Public Relations Manager—$116,180/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certifies Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver Certification
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business (ESB)
- Intuit Quickbooks
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Accounting Basic Exam
- NOCTI Accounting Advanced Exam