Business and Marketing Technology
Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting—This pathway prepares students for careers that record, classify, summarize, analyze, and communicate a business's financial information and transactions for use in management decision-making. Accounting can include bookkeeping, systems design, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information.
- Marketing Management—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- Marketing Research—This pathway prepares students to study market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service and help companies understand what products are in demand, who will buy them, and at what price.
- Web Design and Digital Communication— This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Financial Analyst
- Bill and Account Collector
- Administrative Support Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Business Consultant
- Office Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Accountant Executive
- Art/Graphics Director
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Bill and Account Collector—$36,020/year
- Customer Service Representative—$33,750/year
- Promotions Manager—$132,620/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Accounting Basic Exam
- The NOCTI Accounting Advanced Exam
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver Certification