Agriculture Science and Technology
Which pathways are offered?
- Agribusiness Systems—This pathway prepares students to coordinate activities that contribute to the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources. This includes food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products and services.
- Natural Resources/Environmental Service Systems—This pathway prepares students to apply knowledge of engineering, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, power, structures, and controls to design agricultural structures, machinery, and equipment and develop ways to conserve soil and water and improve the processing of agricultural products.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Farmers and Ranchers—$67,950/year
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician—$46,170/year
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technician—$50,320/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)