Agriculture Science and Technology
Which pathways are offered?
- Agribusiness Systems—This pathway prepares students to coordinate activities that contribute to the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources. This includes food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products and services.
- Natural Resources/Environmental Service Systems—This pathway prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber, and natural resources systems.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician—$46,540/year
- Farmers and Ranchers—$71,160/year
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technician—$51,590/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Arkansas Boaters' Education Certificate
- Arkansas Hunters' Education Certificate
- ICEV Ducks Unlimited Ecology Conservation and Management Certification
- ICEV Southwest Professional Communications Certification
- ICEV Texas Tech Personal Financial Literacy Certifications
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10