The Destinations Career Program
Your student can prepare for college and career with the Destinations Career Program at Arkansas Virtual Academy (ARVA).
What is Destinations?
Destinations gives students exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from career technical education (CTE) courses built around four career areas, allowing them to explore occupations of interest. These engaging, content-rich courses expand the traditional education experience and maximize a student’s ability to succeed in the community and workforce. Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.*
CTE courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following in-demand career areas:
- Finance: Careers in recording, classifying, summarizing, analyzing, and communicating financial information/transactions, managing and implementing capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation decision-making. Learn more about Finance.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level,
technical, and professional careers related to the design, development,
support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems
integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
- Marketing: Careers in planning, directing, and providing marketing communications, strategy, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities. Learn more about Marketing.
*Please note: Only students who participate in The Destinations Career Program for at least two years will have enough exposure to CTE courses to be best prepared for certification testing. Microsoft Office certifications may be earned as early as after one semester.
Beginning in the 2018–2019 school year, Destinations students can join the SkillsUSA chapter at ARVA. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered by ARVA course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA