Monthly Service Opportunity
K12 Care for Your Community Campaign provides students a monthly opportunity to participate in local Community Service Projects. Students benefit by learning the importance of serving in the community and partnering with local charities. Check out our monthly service opportunities below to learn how to get involved and see the amazing work Arkansas Virtual Academy students are doing.
Update your Twitter and Facebook profile with the Care for Your Community Twibbon!
Please track all community service efforts and hours here:
Share photos of your community service on our school Facebook page.
April- Pinwheels for Prevention®
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, and we invite you to show your support for our nation's children by making your own pinwheel display!
Pinwheels are the national symbol of child abuse prevention and a visible reminder of the happy and healthy childhood that all children deserve.
Make or purchase inexpensive pinwheels and create a pinwheel garden in your yard or at a local business (with permission). Or you can make a Pinwheels for Prevention poster to display on your front porch or window, and be sure to include your school's name!
Community Service Events
MARCH – Read Across America Book Drive
March Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2, the birthday of beloved children's author Dr. Seuss.
Option 1: Book Donation
- Share your love of reading by donating gently used books to the local library.
Option 2: Volunteer
- Volunteer to read a favorite book at a local library or bookstore story time or to a senior at a local assisted living facility.
Option 3: Little Free Library Project
- Help to encourage literacy and share your love of reading in the local community by creating a neighborhood library: https://littlefreelibrary.org/start/
Read Across America – Book Donation
Children’s Library & Learning Center
Little Rock, AR
March 27th – 4pm – 6pm
FEBRUARY – Love a Charity
February is a great time to show your favorite charities some love by making an extra contribution or volunteering your time and talent.
Option 1: Spread Love with Valentine’s
- Make and deliver Valentine cards and spread love to those needing it the most.
- Senior Citizens in Assisted Living or Nursing Home Facility
- Patients at the Local Children’s Hospital
- Fire Fighters, Police Officers, or EMT’s in the Local Community
Love A Charity – Make Valentine’s Cards
Children’s Library and Learning Center
Little Rock, AR
February 12th – 3pm – 5 pm
*Children made over 50 Valentine’s that were distributed to 5 Senior Living Centers in the Central Arkansas Area to residents